Friday, November 26, 2010

My Consultant's Pre-Sisterlocks To-Do List

Preparing for your installation day 

Things To Do
 
1. Shampoo one day prior to getting your locks installed (not on the morning of your installation)
2. Bring a cap with you just in case you want to go out for lunch.
3. Bring plenty of books and magazines to read.
4. Bring plenty of snacks, water or juice.
5. Bring an extra sweater or a small throw blanket just in case you get chilly.
6. Bring your laptop with you (Free Wi-Fi).
7. If you insist on coloring your hair (I strongly suggest that you don’t) please do so at least one week prior to getting your locks installed.
 
Things Not To Do 

1. Please don’t bring your friends, family or children to the locking session because the session is long and it’s not fair to them to have to sit for such a long period of time.  
2. Don’t use any oils, gels or conditioners when you shampoo your hair prior to the installation.
3. Don’t have your ends clipped or trimmed prior to coming to the locking session.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shari,
    So you've got your SL re-installed. Yay! Your consultant did an excellent job (in so short amount of time too - she must have been doing SLs for a while).
    I am curious about not trimming the ends of your hair before the session though. I was one of the ones who chimed in on the Lock-It-Up Yahoo group, saying that I thought you should do that - but, of course, I am not a SL consultant. Is it that the hair (the ends) will lock up better if they are not straight edged? Maybe they are more prone to unraveling if they are too neat? I never thout of this, but if that's the reason, it makes sense.
    Anyhoo, your hair is (again) fantastic. I agree that leaving less of it loose at the ends makes it more versatile.
    Welcome back!
    Melita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melita,

    She said it would have been fine to cut it if I had done so more than two weeks ahead of time. But something about the bluntness of a fresh cut makes it more difficult for her to lock. She explained it to me, but I'm not exactly sure why. Had I done so earlier, I would have been fine. Thanks for the compliments! I definitely like the smaller locks better -- although I did love what I now know were probably brotherlocks.

    ReplyDelete