Sunday, November 7, 2010

I have an appointment!

Hallelujah! This Friday I get my starter locks. The previous consultant only put in three. My new consultant wants to put in like 25. I wonder if that makes a difference? She will also require me to have them for two weeks. Previous consultant only had them in over the weekend because she was leaving town and thought as long as I washed my hair twice we'd be fine. My new consultant is definitely a by-the-book kinda person so I know I better a) be on time and b) not expect any shortcuts. I'm soooo excited! Hair isn't everything, but not having to worry about it means the world to me. She has two salons. I could only get an appointment at the one further away from me -- an hour and a half away. But the closer salon is an hour and 12 minutes away. Not much closer, but enough to make a difference when you're short on time. Now, about that beer...: )

3 comments:

  1. I'm so, so glad that you are getting your sisterlocks back! I read about your ordeal on lock-it-up and I feel for you. Just reading your story made me itch. Wow. Anyhoo, I'm glad you're back and I can't wait to read your blog on the regular. Your new locks are going to be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Shari!!! I am thrilled for you! I too read about your ordeal and was a little sad when I thought you had left the blogosphere (is that even a word?). Anyway, I'm glad that you didn't have to cut your hair and that you will be locked again soon. Girl when I read that you had to nuke the suckers I cracked up! And then reading your description of the aftermath of doing battle, great analogy. Keep us posted, good luck and enjoy every moment of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My lockitup family! :) Thanks Leah and Evie! I'm really excited. I was really encouraged from the sisters on the board. It was like one big (((hug))).

    ReplyDelete