Saturday, November 20, 2010

Should I cut it before my install?



So, here's what I'm dealing with. I just washed it. As you can see, it's oddly long on top and about two inches shorter in back. The back of my hair was a little harder to remove the locks and also that's where most of my problems were, so it took a beating. Now I'm wondering if I should cut it all the same length or go with the uneven shape. My consultant was torn at first. She was thinking I may want to cut it because she ran across a few patches where the hair was so uneven she thought the locks wouldn't be very uniform. But as she did more locks, she changed her mind and said that it was only a small portion of my head and that overall I'd be fine. However, exactly two weeks prior to install, I'm nervous. If I'm going to do it, I really need to do it now. Or, at the latest, tomorrow. I remember before regretting that I had not cut my hair into a style. But as time went on, I started to really like my look and didn't mind the shape. Feel free to chime in with your thoughts!

By the way, below is  a photo of me five months ago, the night before my first install, just for a point of comparison. It was freshly washed.


And another from around the same time. My hair had been picked out.


Install Day


3 1/2-4  Months 



3 comments:

  1. I think it will look fine without a cut. The length on top will give it some weight and will help it not to stand up. The back looks as if it will taper down. My hair is somewhat shaped like this. I have pictures on my blog, if you want to see www.simplydominica.blogspot.com . I think

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ C. Dominica: I'm hoping you're right. My ends are a little split too so I'll probably just trim the ends and go with it. I did check out your blog and our shapes do look similar. Your locks looks so uniform. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, just had a conversation with my conultant via email. I really love that she's so accessible. She really feels strongly that I shouldn't cut it so I think I'll just chill.

    ReplyDelete