Monday, November 1, 2010

Had to Nuke the Suckers

So, I'm thinking I'm home free when low and behold, I find one lone baby bug. To be truthful, I was forewarned by the nit picker that she might have missed one. She did. So then I decided it was time to nuke the suckers. The natural solution was preferable, but now it was war. I pulled out the toxic lotion given to me by the doctor. It's called Malathion. I did some research on it and found out it is very successful. But it is an insecticide so somewhat toxic and not appropriate for pregnant women and young children. Lice have become resistant to a lot of over-the-counter shampoos and even some prescriptions. But not this one. At least not yet. I truly didn't believe I had much if anything left, but after the little baby bug issue I decided the mayo/olive/vinegar thing was getting old and it was time to go hardcore against this enemy. I had no idea how formidable a foe I had. I had to leave that Malathion lotion on for 8-12 hours....I did the entire 12 hours. I have no itching. But I do have peace of mind. I needed that. I'm supposed to repeat it next week if for some reason I need to. But this stuff was *really* strong. Funked up the entire house. Family had to leave and I had to open up windows and such. But, fingers crossed, the drama is finally over. I'll know on Sunday when any leftover nits would hatch. Found an interesting article on black kids and lice. There aren't many. But if you have boys, just shave it. Much easier. My boys were mortified at first, but now they've already got a good bit of hair back and it's only been like a week and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment