Sunday, July 4, 2010

It's 97 degrees outside!


I've been sweating all morning. It's a scorcher here in New Jersey. But thankfully, I don't have to deal with my hair. Just woke up, shook, done. It has been a lifesaver because usually this kind of weather does me in. Even braids are hot in this kind of heat. I'm at the two-week mark. I go for my first touch up in a week. Just barely made it in that three week window. I really don't think people realize I have locks. I've had a few people ask me what's up. I haven't really tried to style it. I just get up and go. My husband, who was a little skittish at first about me getting locks, now really, really likes them. That was a welcome relief. From what I've been reading on the lockitup forum, a lot of husbands are like that. You just have to do it and then they come around. I wasn't courting his support necessarily, but it does make my life a lot easier now that he's on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment