Friday, October 8, 2010

Curls



There's nothing more frustrating than that "in-between" stage. Growing out one style and transitioning into another. With my sisterlocks, I started out with a rather unflattering cut...should have cut it into a style before locking. And now, with my hair growing about an inch, it just seems to "hang" around my face. With that, I decided it was time to try curls. I previously tried the braid-out style, but it didn't work out too well. My hair is just too tightly coiled. Too much twisting and curling. So, this time I decided to curl it with Wrap, Snap, and Go! curlers (http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/wrapsnapgo.html). Mainly because I had this curl epiphany at 10 p.m. and Walgreens was the only store open with curlers. By the way, at Walgreens the curlers are only $9.99. That "As Seen On TV" Web site has the same package for $19.99. Of course, because I have so much hair, I ended up buying two packages. But I got 24 rollers for that $20 price. That said, they are a bit overpriced in general. I'm sure I could have gone to the beauty supply store and gotten the same type of rollers for $3.99, know what I mean? But when you have that urge, it's hard to stop. I digress. I think it turned out okay. Not loving it, but it's better than what I had.

5 comments:

  1. UPDATE: Conversation with my husband this morning:

    HUSBAND: What happened to your hair?

    ME: I CURLED IT!

    HUSBAND: I liked it the way it was. Can you go back to it?

    ME: But i just styled it.

    HUSBAND: Well, let me take a look at it later. Maybe it will grow on me.

    ((((ugh))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shari,
    I think your locs look great curled (they are so full). Your husband needs time to process... Mine is oblivious to almost everything I do with my hair. I got SL installed last month (Sept. 26 & 27) and in less than a month my hair has grown like crazy. I think I'll wear a scarf like the one in your photo when I'm nearing a retightening. My new growth is outrageous and not particularly attractive.
    BTW, I've followed the threads in LockItUp. I'm glad you got the itchy scalp issue cleared up. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you M! I did and do love my scarves! When I took down my locks, I was shocked at how long my hair is now. In just four months! All the best to you too! (Oh, and the way I look now, my husband is wishing I had this look!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shari,
    Where did you get the scarf/headband you're wearing in this pic? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leah,

    Just now catching your comment. Thanks about the headband. Wish I could say it was from an exotic store, but alas, I believe I got that one from Target. Now I have picked up some really cute ones from Weezawear's store on Etsy.com.

    Shari

    ReplyDelete