Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Shrinkage

Yesterday


This Morning


I worked out for the first time with my SLs and the inevitable happened...shrinkage. You can see the difference just in one day. I knew with the heat and my sweat there was no way I could avoid it. Last night, I had wrapped my hair in a satin scarf but woke up this morning with a bad case of flat bed head and my do had lost a few inches. A few spritz of water sprays here and there and I'm good now. It was a stark change from wearing a hat everyday. The last few months, I had just given up and wore the same hat every single day. I did wash it and comb it occassionally, but that was it. My hair was so hard for me to manage I didn't know what to do. Oddly, a woman in the salon had shared that she also wore a hat for like 6 months before deciding to get sisterlocks. I guess we all do travel along the same roads sometimes. My previous stylist had a baby and when I went to another one -- who was recommended -- my hair still came out a complete mess. From there, I went into a hair depression, you know, that mood where you're only so far from chopping it all off because you just can't deal with it anymore. I'd get the braids or twists, but I always knew I only had so much time before I had have to sit again for a re-do. This morning I woke up, looked at my hair and smiled because I knew that as long as maintained my locks every 5 weeks, I'm good. I've heard outrageous quotes for retightening, but my loctitician charges $70 for the first two hours and says she does almost everyone in two hours. She said the only reason she'd go over is if you let it go too long before coming in or you're late to your appointment. I guess the clock starts as soon as your appointment time, if there isn't another head in the chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment